Hilton has settled a mold lawsuit with guests who stayed in the Kalai Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village at Waikiki. Approximately $2900 people were involved in the lawsuit. Mold overtook the tower and forced its closing about a year after the building opened.
According to kuali.com:
Experts said the mold was a variety that can trigger asthma and also irritate the eyes, nose and throat, but no serious health problems were reported.
Hilton filed lawsuits against 18 companies, alleging excessive moisture was caused by construction and design defects.